Phoenix Prosthodontist - Dr. Douglas Benting - Prosthodontic & Dental Implant Specialist
Dr. Douglas Benting graduated from the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry with distinction in 1999, continuing on to complete a prosthodontic specialty residency program and earn a Master’s of Science in Dentistry in 2002. Dr. Benting remained at the University as a part-time faculty member while working with a specialty group practice in Minnesota. The lure of warmer weather and outdoor activities as well as the opportunity to develop a patient-centered prosthodontic practice instigated his move to Arizona in 2006.
His interest in dentistry developed as a high school student working in a dental laboratory during the summer. Dr. Benting was captivated by the “functional-art” of dentistry whereby the final result not only had to look great, but it also had to work. He combines his experience and training to create a personalized creative dental treatment result for each patient.
Dr. Benting is qualified as a Board Certified Prosthodontist and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics, the highest recognition of achievement afforded by the prosthodontic specialty. He actively participates in continuing dental education to stay current with advanced techniques and materials. He maintains active membership in the American College of Prosthodontists (ACP), the Arizona section of the ACP, the American Dental Association (ADA), and the Arizona Dental Association. He has presented on several topics including dental implant supported restorations, dental treatment planning, and complete dentures.
Accomplishments and Recognitions
- February 2011 - Dr. Benting qualified as a Board Certified Prosthodontist and recognized as a Diplomat of the American Board of Prosthodontics.
- 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 Phoenix Magazine’s Top Dentists – named Top 10 Prosthodontist in the Valley
- Dr. Benting serves as a part-time faculty member at Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health.
- Dr. Benting was selected to serve as a Faculty Mentor at the world-renowned Scottsdale Center for Dentistry where he participates in hands-on education for dental professionals.
- Dr. Benting serves on the Public and Professional Relations Committee of the American College of Prosthodontists
- Dr. Benting was a guest on Channel 3 in April 2008 where he discussed computer modeling techniques which help him create personalized dental solutions for each of his patients.